The Retina Foundation has implemented ongoing safeguards, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure the health and safety of all staff and visitors. These procedures will continue until further notice.
STAFF AND VISITOR RISK MANAGEMENT
1. All staff and visitors are required to wear a mask while at the Foundation. Pediatric visitors over the age of two will be asked to wear a mask, if they are able.
2. All staff and visitors will be asked to maintain “social distance” when interacting with one another as much as possible.
3. Only one visitor is allowed in the lobby at a time. All visitors will be screened before they are allowed to enter the Foundation (past the lobby door). If there are two visitors arriving at the same time, one visitor will be required to wait either in their car, or outside along the side of the building.
4. In order to manage risk exposure, the staff member conducting the appointment will be the only person to greet the visitor. That same staff member will then screen the visitor following the procedures below:
a. Confirm the visitor has a mask and instruct them they are to wear it at all times.
b. Visitors hands will be sanitized on arrival with sanitizer provided by staff member.
c. Visitors temperature will be taken. Anyone with a temperature equal to, or above, 100.4°F will be asked to leave the facility, seek medical attention, and re-schedule his or her appointment.
5. Prior to their appointment, as well as the day of their appointment, all visitors will complete a Risk Management Survey to evaluate their COVID-19 risk exposure. If a visitor responds “yes” to any of the questions, they will be asked to re-schedule their appointment.
6. Visitors will be asked to wait in separate designated waiting areas once in the building. They will be required to stay in their respective areas.
7. Visitors are asked to come alone. Companions will be admitted only if necessary. The companion will be required to go through the same screening process.
BUILDING RISK MANAGEMENT
1. All surfaces, instruments, tables, and chairs will be disinfected before use.
2. Staff will be disinfecting treatment rooms and offices, until further notice.
3. Staff will wear masks, gloves, and goggles/face shields, as necessary while interacting with study participants.
4. Restrooms have been designated to minimize risk. Children and their families will use one area, staff and adult visitors will use another. All doors are marked. Disinfectant wipes are available in the restrooms to clean before/after use.
5. The staff dining area and kitchen are closed until further notice.